Experience an advanced navigation solution when you use the compact GPSMAP® 942xs combo, with a sunlight-readable multi-touch touchscreen display. With built-in wireless connectivity for Garmin mobile apps and VIRB® action camera integration, you can stay connected to the newest media. Its 10Hz GPS/GLONASS receiver delivers smooth on-screen navigation.
This compact plotter offers full-network compatibility for the Garmin Marine Network, which allows support for sharing sonar, maps, user data, radar, IP cameras and Panoptix all-seeing sonar among multiple units. Plus, there’s NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 support for autopilots, digital switching, weather, VHF, AIS and other sensors.
Anglers, cruisers and sailors alike will benefit from the built-in 1kW traditional CHIRP sonar and CHIRP ClearVü scanning sonar capability (transducer sold separately) for a near-picture quality view of what’s beneath the boat. Preloaded premium mapping features both coastal and inland cartography, including BlueChart® g2 HD charts for the US, Canada and Bahamas and LakeVü HD maps.
- 9” high-resolution multi-touch WSVGA display with intuitive touchscreen controls
- IPX7 rating for safe installation in a maritime environment
- NMEA 2000 and NMEA 1083 support for network connectivity including autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link, VHS, AIS, Garmin Marine Network; compatible with Garmin radar, gWind wireless instruments, GSDTM Black Box sonar, VIRB® cameras and more
- LakeVü HD provides highly detailed freshwater charts that include more than 17,000 U.S. lakes, rivers and reservoirs and 13,000 HD lakes with 1’ contours shoreline to shoreline
- Heading and position are refreshed 10 times per second thanks to the built-in 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver
- You can load up to 5,000 accurate waypoints and find them easily
- BlueChart g2 HD provides basic coastal charts, tidal stations, currents, depth contours, IALA symbols and it even includes fishing charts
- The GPSMap 942xs includes expandable memory to accommodate options including BlueChart® g2 Vision® HD, which adds Auto Guidance and other features
- You can instantly create personalized HD fishing charts on-screen with 1’ contours. You can keep them all to yourself or share them with the Quickdraw Community on Garmin ConnectTM
- Built-in SailAssist is a pre-race guidance page that shows your virtual starting line as well as data fields showing laylines, time until start and a race timer that can be synchronized across the NMEA 2000 onboard network
- Other sailing features include an enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, set and drift, true and apparent wind data
- GPX Waypoints Transfer makes it easy to transfer waypoints from another device to your new Garmin chartplotter
- Dimensions: 10 1/8"W x 6 3/8"H x 2 1/8"D
What’s in the Box
- GPSMap 942xs
- Power cable
- Bail mount kit with knobs
- Flush mount kit with gasket
- Protective Cover
- Trim piece snap covers